Thursday, August 24, 2017

Letting Go

As our kids get older we as parents have to learn to let go.  We raise them and guide them through life, but then we have to give them their wings and allow them to fly away to make their own choices in life.  As a parent it's hard to allow your kids to grow up.  One day they need you for everything and the next day they don't need you at all.

Excuse me as I have a moment...(bring on the tears)....Because on August 22, 2017 I had to let my child go.  It was one of my hardest moments in motherhood.  I'm still traumatized and depressed that I had to let go my baby who has been beside me everyday since he has been born.

My son has left me to go to Pre-K.....



He said "Mama, I'm a big boy now", but he will forever be my baby and I'm just not ready to let him go, but I must.

Ok....Maybe I'm being overdramatic and I could be overreacting a little, but this is hard.  Being a stay at home mom is more meaningful with them home, but now that all the kids have left I have to discover what's the next step in life for me.

But as emotional as I am about all the kids leaving me alone as they go to school, I'm really in need of this "me time".  I mean I can take a bath and use the restroom without someone in there with me or banging on the door.  I don't have to yell all day.  I can take a nap in peace.  I can go to the grocery store alone (I can't wait).  I can go get a job or just do something I like just for me.
So sure I'm sad that I had to let the baby go, but I'm happy that he's growing up and that I have some time for myself.  Because this mom is in desperate need of "me time"

Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letting Go

As our kids get older we as parents have to learn to let go.  We raise them and guide them through life, but then we have to give them their...